Research Data Manager
Vacancy number: 30.14.18
Application deadline: 06 January 2019, 23:59 CET
The Dutch research consortium Language in Interaction (LiI) invites applications for a Research Data Manager position.
You will be responsible for the further development, elaboration and implementation of FAIR data management for all research data created within our consortium.
You will facilitate and streamline lean and efficient research data management (RDM) at our different partner institutes through fostering discussion, sharing knowledge and accumulating best practices. Extensive consultation and close collaboration with data stewards at our different partner institutions will be required.
You will serve as a first point of contact for RDM for all LiI partner institutions as well as our individual researchers, providing information, templates, guidelines and regulations. You will monitor compliance with the agreed LiI RDM plan for all research projects funded by LiI.
In collaboration with existing support teams, you will be expected to operate as product owner by taking responsibility for the implementation of a database through which all data produced in our consortium is made available under the principles of FAIR data management. This requires translation of the functional aspects into technical implementation using opportunities offered by the existing infrastructure.
You will become a member of the Management Team of our consortium, under the supervision of Prof. Peter Hagoort. This position provides the opportunity to become a member of an interdisciplinary consortium conducting world-class research.
The Language in Interaction (LiI) research consortium is sponsored by a Gravitation grant from the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO). LiI brings together many excellent researchers from eight different research institutions in the Netherlands in a research programme on the foundations of language.
Teams of researchers collaborate to collectively address five key questions in our research field, producing an enormous variety of data types, all of which require different approaches to fulfil the criteria for FAIR data management. Until now, each partner institution has developed its own protocols for FAIR data management. The consortium offers a unique opportunity to standardise data management on a transcending scale.
You will be appointed at the Donders Institute, Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging (Radboud University, Nijmegen). All our partner institutions offer an international setting. English is the lingua franca.
What we expect from you
- you have a scientific background (preferably in a domain related to the research performed by our consortium);
- you have affinity with scientific research;
- you have an excellent sense of organisational and managerial relations;
- you have good communication skills;
- you are able to translate functional requirements into technical implementations;
- you have general programming skills;
- you are acquainted (or willing to familiarise yourself) with all aspects that influence FAIR data management (technical aspects, but also ethics, legislation, etc.);
- you are enterprising and result-oriented;
- you have strong oral and written English proficiency.
What we have to offer
- employment: 0.8 FTE;
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,166 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10);
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- you will be appointed for the remaining time frame of our consortium, until June 30, 2023;
- University job profile: Project Leader Level 1;
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
The intended start date is as soon as possible. The institute involved is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Would you like to know more?
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
MSc. Sander Berends, programme manager Language in Interaction
Telephone: +31 24 3619838
Prof. dr. Peter Hagoort, Programme Director Language in Interaction
Telephone: +31 24 3610648, +31 24 3521301
You should upload your application (attn. of Prof. dr. P. Hagoort) exclusively using Apply Directly. Your application should include (and be limited to) the following attachment(s):
- a cover letter
- your curriculum vitae, including the names of at least two persons who can provide references
Please apply before 06 January 2019, 23.59 CET.
For more information on your application: +31 24 36 11173.
No commercial propositions please.