Wendy van Ginkel
Wendy van Ginkel is the programme manager and data manager for the Language in Interaction consortium.
Wendy obtained her PhD at the Donders Centre for Cognition in November 2019, on the processing and comprehension of figurative language in both native and bilingual speakers of Dutch. During her PhD, she worked in lab management at the Donders Centre for Cognition. In May 2019, she began as the research data manager for Language in Interaction. In December 2019, she became the programme manager for the consortium as the successor of Sander Berends.
As programme manager, Wendy is responsible for the day-to-day management of all scientific, educational, communication, financial and reporting activities within Language in Interaction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Coordinating the alignment of the research performed in the programme by monitoring and adjusting procedures to streamline internal progress.
2) Coordinating the educational programme of our PhD candidates: Providing individualized curricula by aligning the existing training programmes of participating graduate schools, monitoring progress and internal consistency over different schools, and initiating educational activities.
3) Responsibility for all internal and external communication. Coordinating all general dissemination and PR activities both within the consortium and to the outside world.
4) Day-to-day financial management enabling an efficient financial planning and reporting cycle for budget management and control, all according to accounting principles and guidelines.
5) Drawing up all necessary documentation for justification of implementation of the programme and its (financial) progress (e.g. Annual Report, (mid-term) evaluations, internal calls for proposals).
As data manager, Wendy is responsible for setting up a (metadata) database structure for the research data generated within the Language in Interaction consortium. She is also responsible for the implementation of guidelines that support and motivate FAIR data management within the consortium. For more information on FAIR data management principles, refer to: